Basically I’ve only been a “super fan” of the Nordy’s sale for the last two years. The first year I didn’t have a card until halfway through presale and then last year I was there the first day of presale when the mall opened. This year I’m a level 4 rewards member so I got to shop a day before everyone else and it was pretty amazing. But I thought I would post some of my tips for getting the most out of the sale:
- Of course (obligatory) check back here first thing tomorrow morning for my picks and follow the links to buy or reserve in store!
- When in doubt – buy it! Things are going to sell out SUPER quick, they always do. So make sure that if you want something you buy it – the great thing about Nordstroms is their return policy so take advantage! You don’t want to miss out on something you really want and regret it.
- Figure out which bloggers have a similar style to you and check their stories first thing tomorrow! They’ll post what they bought today and you can see sizing tips and reserve it online in store or buy it before it sells out. You may think I’m crazy but 5 separate things I wanted were sold out before I even made it in store last year…when it opened…the first day.
- Also this is like the royal wedding and christmas and black friday combined. Lots of people wake up at 2am when the catalogue drops to buy stuff and a bunch of bloggers will have their stuff tagged and posted by then. Feel free to be one of these crazy people.
- If you’re a card holder – it can’t hurt to get a personal shopper in store (if you’re in North Dallas Lauren at Stonebriar is mine and she’s amazing). They can pull some of the things that are going quick for you to try on or even order stuff for you before you get there for pick up.
- If you try something on and it doesn’t fit perfect but you really love it – almost all card holders get some amount of free alterations. You can always have it taken in etc. Also ask the sales person because some clothes (like 7 jeans) ALWAYS have free Nordstroms alterations with purchase. Can’t hurt to ask.
- Obvi- if you can get to level 4 an extra early day of shopping is great, but don’t break the bank to do it. I only hit last year because I furnished both nurseries and got all the stroller/car seats at Nordstrom. (its a $10,000 minimum). I’m not suggesting you go into a bunch of debt in order to shop early, but they carry a ton of stuff online that they don’t in stores so it can’t hurt to check throughout the year to get those levels.
Everything hits tomorrow (7-12) for cardholders and then on the 20th for everyone else. Keep checking back here over the coming weeks for some of my favorites!