Friday again so soon? Crazy how fast the weeks are flying by with Dave and I both being home with the kids. Already 3 of Dave’s 8 weeks of paternity are gone and I’m not ready to lose him to work yet! I love having us all home to go on walks, work on projects, and eat all our meals together. Plus when he goes back Kensington goes back to part time daycare and I’m going to miss her so much! Anywho – here are my 5 facts for this week:
- I love to cook. I’m not as huge of a fan of the dishes part (I’m more of a stack them until you run out of room in the sink type of person) but I really enjoy cooking. I had a slight obsession with baking in high school & college but I always find that by the time I’m done cooking whatever I’m making I no longer want it (probably because I eat half the batter during the process LOL) so I became a fan of cooking meals in general as we started a family. It’s my way of giving to the table and enjoying the process. Plus I love it when David likes what I cook.
- I think I’ve had my hair every color. It’s been platinum, medium, and dirty blonde, brown, auburn, red, black, and blue. I think only the “rainbow” colors have been excluded this far (but I’d love to have my hair pink. I told David if any of my books ever got published I was dying my hair pink as a reward).
- Which brings me to: I really enjoy reading/writing and have written 3 full length books no-one will ever see lol. I’ve tried to get 2 of them published with no success so they live on my laptop taunting me. I’ve thought about self publishing but theres so much pressure – if people did read it then I’d HAVE to finish the series even if it made no money and only 5 people read it. Not sure I want that commitment yet. Maybe when I have some more free time…
- Working out is my equivalent of valium. It keeps me super calm and without it I have a really short fuse. I think that’s why even though Everett is only 2 weeks old I’m walking or working out every day. Cause otherwise I’d lose my mind.
- I hate breastfeeding. I do it because its good for the baby and good for me (plus I don’t like the idea of my kids drinking formula with the first ingredient being high fructose corn syrup and the second being milk) but I hate every minute of it. With Kenzie I only made it 2.5 weeks. It was terrible – my goal for Everett is 6 weeks and already I’m counting the days. It takes so much time, I retain water something fierce, I ache, and it makes me really sleepy. I wish I was one of those moms that “loves the natural process” but I’m not.
So these are my acts for the week. Nothing earth shattering but a bit of a “peek behind the curtain” so to speak. Share your 5 facts with #Friday5.