Today is my birthday – YAY – and I’m celebrating by spending the day at home with the kids, eating cinnamon rolls (shocking I know), and getting dinner with some friends. I figured I would do a special “birthday” edition of my five facts and talk about some of my favorite birthday memories.
- 3 years ago my wonderful husband and friends took me to Harry Potter world. I’m the BIGGEST Harry Potter fan and was totally overwhelmed/overexcited/jazzed the whole time. I got to get my wand in Ollivanders, the goblins at Gringotts, and ride a virtual broom. Probably the best birthday ever.
- 6 years ago my husband rented a limo and took me and a bunch of our friends bar hopping in uptown. It was our first “big” birthday celebration together and we had such a great time.
- 4 years ago we went to Pete’s Piano bar…I’d never been and OMG we had so much fun. We sang (off-key) and drank far too much. What happens in pete’s…stays at pete’s.
- My 5th grade birthday party – super throwback but you can’t imagine how cool it was. My mom was always throwing AMAZING parties for us on birthdays, halloween, valentines day, you name it. And when I was graduating 5th grade (my birthday obvi falls at the end of the school year), we rented out the giant club house in our neighborhood, had a DJ, invited all of my friends, I got fire engine red hair extensions, and felt like the coolest kid in the world.
- Both of my birthdays with my children. They were each born within one month of me so the last 2 years I’ve gotten to celebrate with a newborn. Having children is such a blessing and I’m so glad to share it with them.
These are some of my fondest birthday memories (although I’m sure I could think of a dozen others from my adolescence). How do you all celebrate your special days?