It’s Friday! My last Friday as the mom of only one child, next week (come hell or high water) we will have two children. While I am INCREDIBLY ready to be not-pregnant, I’ll admit to some trepidation regarding having two kids (especially so young), but I’m sure it’ll be great. Or at the very least manageable LOL. So for this last solo-mom Friday I’ll share not only my 5 facts about me, but also my 5 things you might want to have for after-birth (yeah…its a thing).
- On my side of the family everyone is born on holidays: Mothers day, Fathers Day, Easter, Christmas, Good Friday, you name it. MOST of them were unscheduled – just the way it happened. Everett might be the first who isn’t…we shall see.
- I have a terrible fear of ants. You can thank growing up with Texas Fire Ants for that, but every since I was attacked by a colony (300 ant bites to be clear) I have a terrible fear of them. To the point where I pretty much don’t venture into my yard. Even though my husband kills them. And my 3rd favorite animal is now an anteater. I wish we had a pet one.
- I have written 3 full length books. You can’t buy any of them, or find them on google, but they exist. One I co-wrote with a friend in college, one I didn’t like when it was done, and one I’ve tried to get published but to no avail. Eventually I might self publish but right now it lives only on my computer. They’re all Paranormal/Fantasy.
- I used to water ski competitively. I joke that I should’ve been a mermaid because I feel more at home in a pool/lake/ocean than I do on land (not to mention I’m far more graceful). But I slaloms skied (one 1 through a course) basically from the time I could walk until I was in high school. I even attended a competitive ski school in Louisiana to improve.
- I am incredibly not-crafty. I want to be. I feel like I should be. But whatever patience is required to have pretty handwriting, or do chalkboards, or school projects, I don’t have it. I get frustrated and end up speeding through. Sorry kids – looks like you’re own for homework in the future.
And as promised the 5 things you want to have for after-birth:
- Dermoplast spray. yeah…for..ya know. Trust me – they’ll give you some at the hospital but I went ahead and ordered some off amazon to have when I got home. Glad I did (that’s why its #1).
- Large Pads. Before my first kid I was like “omg my period is super light I won’t need those”. Lies. You need them. Potentially longer than you think (I bled for 7 weeks).
- Tylenol. What they give you in the hospital is…you guessed it…tylenol. Have more at home. JIC.
- Lanisoh Pads. If you’re planning to breastfeed get these ahead of time. Slip them in your bra, throw them away when done. Easy.
- All Natural Nipple Cream/Balm. THey’re gonna get dry. They’re potentially gonna crack. And honestly I found that just putting the cream helped them feel better when they were A-OK. Come prepared.
BONUS ITEM: In the case of a natural birth (and potentially bad episiotomy) get a donut. For your sits. I was lucky not to need this the first round (and hopefully won’t this round) but my mom and a few of my friends have had episiotomies gone bad – and then you’ll wish you had one. I bought one JIC and keep it in my bathroom.
Shop my outfit HERE