It’s Friday again and time for 5 facts about me. Sadly this week I am working from home because Kensington is sick (again) and has a terrible fever. Right now she is terrorizing her bookcase and grabbing all of the books off to throw on the floor. #readingtime LOL
- I actually didn’t drink coffee UNTIL I was pregnant. The first round (and second) I had such terrible headaches that my doctor recommended consuming more caffeine to keep them at bay. Now I can’t imagine life without it.
- I love tattoos but am TERRIFIED of piercings. I don’t know why. Something about being stabbed repeatedly doesn’t freak me out but the needle going through my skin – super weird. One time I got 2 tattoos back to back and then my nose pierced. I passed out during the piercing but as totally fine for both tattoos. I know. I’m weird.
- Related: I have 5 tattoos. I’ll definitely get at least 2 more (one for the kids and a mountain range I’ve wanted for a while in honor of my new last name) but for now I’m holding off. I really love the artistry, but I try to keep mine small and inconspicuous both for work and I just prefer dainty tattoos. Something about the juxtaposition of a small feminine tattoo – I like it.
- I have SUPER sensitive skin. Like really terrible. I can’t use ANY lotions (something about the cream makes me break out something fierce) so I have to use oils & serums exclusively. The only lotion I’ve ever been able to use longer term had a lot of Salicylic acid in it to counter the effects. And I break out ANY time I change anything in my skin care routine. It’s really annoying. And I fear for wrinkles (on account of the whole can’t use lotion thing).
- This is the longest my hair has ever been. Both from dye (since it’s normally blonde) and my obsession with change (I cut it probably every 3-6 months dramatically) it’s never made it much further past my shoulders. This is by far the longest it’s ever been (at the urging of my husband) and I threaten to cut it off almost daily. I love the way it looks but its a huge pain (especially with kids).
Also as part of my Friday 5 – in honor of #4 above I’m sharing 5 of my favorite Skin Care products for other people with SUPER sensitive skin like mine.
This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE body scrub! it’s gentle, but you can feel it working and it’s got yummy smoothing oils in it to immediately moisturize after it exfoliates. It’s a must for me!
I love this body & face oil. I swear there is some super secret ingredient I don’t know anything about that heals basically everything. If I get red bumps, or a zit, or dry skin, or a scratch, a bit of this stuff and it’s healed. Not to mention it feels and smells so yummy for after the shower!
This spray lavender toner is awesome! Super gentle, doesn’t make me break out, all natural/vegan/cruelty free and it smells heavenly.
I love this rose face serum! it’s one of the few really hydrating products I can use without breaking out. Once again All natural (which I love) smells good, super light, and leaves my skin feeling fresh & hydrated. I use it in the mornings and mix it with my facial oil.
Last but certainly not least – this facial oil. Its made from pumpkin oil, controls my breakouts, and is light enough to use morning and night for me. I really love this brand and their whole ingredients. I want to be able to read the label and understand it.