In honor of national Pajama Day, Kensington and I wanted to share our favorite baby books and why with you guys. Kensington is such a book worm – at her birthday party she was more interested in “reading” the cards than the actual gifts. LOL.
- Pajama time – such a fun book! I “sing” it to Kensington because its just so fun and has a good beat. All about getting dressed for bed.
- Pout Pout Fish – probably my all time favorite kids book. I like it because it has “adult” words throughout (locomotion, tentacles, squirmy) none of the fake words or 3 letter stuff. It makes me feel like I’m educating her as we read. And of course, I do character voices for each of them.
- Escargot – This story was given to me by a friend (since I speak french) and it is just the cutest! It’s all about a snail that wants to be your favorite animal and his love of salads. It’s basically the best.
- Hello Baby – Kensington loves this one. I’m not sure if she just recognizes the term and it’s reference to her or if she just feels the love, but I usually read it to her in the mornings and she’s a huge fan.
- That’s not my Unicorn – This is a touch and feel book and MAN she gets into it. She goes crazy and often has me read it 5 or 6 times in a row so she can feel the different pages again and again. Great for tactile learning too!