Its that day again – FRIYAY. Which means I get to share 5 super interesting (maybe not) things about me, AND in a surprising turn of events I’m also going to start sharing a 5 item flat lay each Friday. This week’s is made up of 3 items I purchased this week (1 is on SALE) and 2 of my more classic items mixed in. All the links are below. But any who – facts about me:
- I actually didn’t want children. I was so worried about my ability to raise them well, and how society was progressing, that I feared bringing children into the world. To be totally honest I worried that I was too selfish to be a good mom, that I wouldn’t be able to put their needs before my own. I’ve obviously pushed through those fears to have not only 1, but 2 (in like 2 weeks) children. But it was a huge issue when my now husband and I first started dating.
- While my pregnancies have been very easy and healthy (thank the lord) I’ve actually faced quite a few complications. I just didn’t think they were bad enough to really effect my day to day life but I did go through: Terrible Braxton Hicks (27 hours of non-active labor with my first), broad ligament pains (also worse with my first), pregnancy migraines (including ocular migraines which make me go blind for 30-60 minutes with my second), contractions (on and off starting week 26 with both), sciatic pain (second and luckily only at the very end), and lastly my second has Kidney issues so we are considered high risk and have lots of extra specialist appointments. I try to be a pretty positive person and I’ve been incredibly lucky that I didn’t have morning sickness or pre-eclampsia or gestational diabetes or any of 100s of other hardships during my pregnancies but it isn’t always smooth sailing. You’re not alone ladies.
- I may have a shopping addiction. Not gonna say I’m at the therapy level yet (unless it’s retail therapy) but it’s pretty aggressive. LOL. I guess that makes blogging a good passion for me. If there is every anything you want to see more of (baby clothes, mom clothes, shorts, workout apparel, etc.) let me know.
- I plan entire vacations around food. Seriously. I wouldn’t consider myself a total foodie (my sister-in-law is though. She’ll eat anything and I always have a blast getting introduced to new foods by her), but I REALLY like to eat. When my mom and I went to New York a few years ago we planned our days around my food reservations. LOL. I like to eat, any and all recommendations are welcome.
- When I become independently wealthy…HAHAHHHAHAHA…but no seriously. I would travel all day every day if it was up to me. I love going to new places, experiencing new things, learning new languages, and generally just wandering around new places. I truly believe David is my soul mate, because he is the same way. We don’t need to stay in the nicest hotel or have a full itinerary, we both just want to wake up and experience wherever we are. It makes traveling together a blast.
Hopefully this gives you a bit more insight into my life. I’d love to hear from you guys what you agree/disagree with and some fun facts about you all!!! And then, of course, as promised – here is my 5 item flat lay:
Shop these items: HERE.