It is Friday and I am in a state of panic. Because I am me (and insane) I like to do everything at once. Which means today the contractors are finishing up in the bathrooms (laying tile and taking out old vanities), I have to finish assembling the NEW vanities (which are wicked cool) to be installed tomorrow morning, AND tomorrow is Kensington’s first birthday party…at our house. Which means all of the renovations have to go PERFECTLY and I need to decorate…at some point…and cook…and stuff. So yeah – total state of panic. But its going to be fine. I’m sure.
Anywho – 5 things about me:
- I pretty much lack patience entirely. David makes fun of me because I can decide to do something, learn it quickly, be decisive, and then when I actually do it – I cut corners because its taking too long. I have a complete inability to sit still and wait. It’s a terrible trait – I should work on it. But that would take too long.
- I think I’ve had my hair pretty much every color. Maybe not ALL of them but: dark blonde, platinum blonde, Strawberry blonde, Light brown, Dark Brown, Auburn, Red (natural), Red (fire engine), Black, Blue…Yeah. Pretty much everything except pink. None of them really look terrible so I have a hard time deciding what color to keep my hair. It’s naturally a light reddish brown – if I didn’t dye it (which I didn’t Kensington’s whole first year of life – go me).
- I compulsively make & repeat lists. I have an “8 before 8” to do list every morning in which one of the steps is “Make daily list and tell Dave”. Yeah. And I tell him probably 2-3 times throughout the day. It annoys the heck out of him, but he still doesn’t retain it. *Shrug*
- Everyone kind of jokes that I can “see the unseen” if you walk me into a bare room or an outdated house – I can instantly see how it should be updated, what you could do with the space, where furniture should go. It’s a gift…of course around bonus time its a curse (that’s how I ended up turning our office into a walk in closet and renovating both bathrooms and the laundry room. Oops).
- I have super weird cleanliness tendencies. I don’t really care if a space is “clean” per say (unless it smells in which case…ew), BUT I really care if a place is tidy. Everything has to be put away and in it’s place. If I leave my house in the morning and I know I didn’t put stuff away it will bother me the entire day. And theres a 60% chance I go home on my lunch break and clean. It’s a problem.
Share some fun facts about you below!