As I read our Self Development book of the month for March (the Power of Habit), I found myself trying to build better ways to start the day for myself. How I can ensure that I start the day a little earlier, get a little bit more done, and set myself up for success? I decided to try to break myself of the sleeping-until-the-6th-alarm habit and wake up a bit earlier (before 7) and then let the habits start from there. I called it my “8 before 8” (thanks Pinterest) and started tracking them in my BUJO. Here is my list:
- Wake up before 7am
- Oil Pull (supposed to be great for your gums and teeth)
- Jade Face Roll (I SWEAR this has transformed my face. So good!!!)
- Take my supplements (Pre-Natal & B12)
- Have a hot drink (water with lemon, green tea, Matcha Latte, etc.)
- Yoga/Peloton – one or the other. Maybe both.
- Write out that day’s To-Do List (more than just “don’t forget to call David”)
- Make the bed – gives my morning a sense of completion, and keeps the dogs from getting the sheets dirty as they lay around all day long.
I built a daily tracker for it, added it to my weekly spread, and put my coconut oil & jade roller by my bed. Ready to go.
@ASo yeah – I do it about 4 times per week. Maybe 5. LOL. The truth is if baby lets me sleep past 7…I’m probably gonna sleep. And sometimes we’re not up and out of bed in time for me to make the bed before work. BUT I have found that I do each of those things more than I did before I started tracking it. And I feel SO GREAT and accomplished on the days I do them all.
What are some of your early morning rituals? How do you get yourself up and ready to face the day?`