Being pregnant can be REALLY hard. I’ve been so blessed that both of my pregnancies have been really low risk with very few “bad” symptoms. I haven’t really been nauseous (although I get the WORST headaches) and I still have super high energy that allows me to workout regularly. All of this being said, when I get hungry I go from 0 to 100 like this *dramatic finger snap*. For me personally, this means I need to have foods on hand that are quick, delicious, and [sometimes] healthy. Thought I would share some of my favorite foods lately:
- OWYN Cold Brew Coffee Protein Shakes: For all the moms out there screaming “NO CAFFEINE” at the top of your lungs – my doctor actually prescribed me to have 100mg a day as my headaches are INSANE without it. The alternative was a caffeine pill which I wasn’t wild about. Now moving on – This shake is made with plant based protein, 2 servings of veggies, 20 g of protein, a yummy coffee taste, and helps me get quick energy and healthy protein into my body at the speed of light. Its a morning staple for me.
- Bananas: I swear bananas are a cure all. Hungry? Sore? Headache? Eat a banana – its my equivalent of “spray windex on it”.
- Ezekiel Bread: I have a slice with jam or cinnamon toast basically every day. Helps me get some good carbs into my body without having to wait forever.
- Eggo Chocolate chip waffles: I’ll be honest with BOTH pregnancies this was my midnight craving (lol). I sent David out to the CVS at like 11:30 one night because I wanted some so bad. 100 cals, quick, and yummy. Not really healthy but definitely a go to for me.
- Thin Mints: In honor of Girl Scout cookie season I had to put this one on the list. Lets be honest who isn’t addicted to these little cookies?
- My daughter’s banana puffs: Alright feel free to laugh at me here. Do any other moms out there poor a handful of puffs out for their kids and then slowly steal them?
- Freshly Meals: I’ve been eating these for lunch on days I don’t wanna run out or have overlapping meetings. SUPER yummy and made with healthy ingredients.
Some of my favorite places to pick up dinner (when I’m just not in the mood to cook and use the “I’m pregnant” excuse):
- Chipotle: Yeah. IDK about all those Chipotle haters out there. During my 1st pregnancy I ate there 37 days in a row. Kensington REALLY craved it lol.
- Pei Wei: Yummy. Quick. Saturated with soy sauce. Double thumbs up.
- Sprouts Soups: Running by the grocery on the way home? No problem. All of Sprouts soups are made with all natural ingredients and taste AH-MAZING. I really love their Roasted Red Pepper.
Hopefully this helps some of the other Mamas-to-be keep their tummies full 🙂