I’ve been a huge fan of the company Ringly for years (ever since I was working for Samsung) because they took the notification bracelet/activity tracker in a different directly (making women’s rings instead). Their jewelry is BEAUTIFUL and make great fashion pieces. So when I saw that Nordstrom was doing a Pop-Up with the new Ringly activity tracker I HAD to try it out. It definitely had some pros and cons over the week I wore it which are outlined below:
- Beautiful – really pretty and it didn’t look/feel like I was wearing an activity tracker
- Lightweight so I didn’t feel like it inhibited my workouts (like the apple watch which IMO is super bulky)
- The notifications are actually done really well. With Vibrations Qty & color Combos you can make it really simple to identify what type of notification you are getting and from whom
- Meditation – cause we all need some
- As an activity tracker it wasn’t very good. Theres no way to add exercise (if you do something other than cardio where your arms fling about), the steps weren’t super consistent, and theres no heart rate monitor. You also can’t put much customization in so caloric calculating wasn’t great and theres no real goals other than steps.
- Battery life was really poor considering it doesn’t actually display anything.
Hopefully this review helps some other fitness tracker obsessed individuals like myself. I look forward to future iterations by Ringly as I think with some app modifications it would be really great. But right now? its not my fave. I much prefer the fitbits.